Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Brethren Insurance Services offers a group Life insurance benefit that is underwritten by Reliance Standard Life Insurance Co. Below are the benefits offered to those who work 20 or more hours per week for a congregation, district office, or camp. (If you work for a denominational agency or other employer that offers Brethren Insurance Services Life Insurance, contact your employer for your benefit levels.)
The amount of basic life and AD&D insurance is determined for each member by age and status and is available without underwriting during your initial eligibility period —
- Under age 65, active employee: $50,000.
- Age 65 and over, active employee: $26,000.
- Retired: $7,500, $10,000, or $15,000.
You may join this plan at any time after your initial eligibility period, subject to underwriting, by completing and submitting an Evidence of Insurability form.
Supplemental Life Options
This insurance is in addition to your basic Life coverage. It is age-rated and offers coverage amounts up to five times your salary in increments of $10,000, up to a maximum of $400,000. Up to $300,000 is available without underwriting during your initial eligibility period. Also available is —
- Life insurance coverage for your spouse in increments of $10,000 up to a maximum of $150,000; but it cannot exceed more than 50 percent of the amount chosen by the employee. Up to $40,000 is available without underwriting during your initial eligibility period.
- Life insurance coverage is available for either $10,000 or $20,000 for dependent children without underwriting.
Supplemental Life insurance coverage is only available to active employees who have Basic Life insurance coverage. The employee must elect to enroll in Supplemental Life insurance in order to enroll in dependent Life insurance coverage.