Brethren Benefit Trust, a financial and stewardship ministry of the Church of the Brethren, serves individuals and organizations affiliated with or sharing the values of the Church.
Brethren Benefit Trust will be seen as the financial service partner of choice by those it exists to serve.
As Board and staff members, we seek to awaken and fulfill the mission and vision of the organization by ―
- Embracing the spirit of God in all that we do.
- Showing unconditional positive regard* for each other and for those we exist to serve.
- Equipping ourselves to fulfill our individual and collective responsibilities.
- Empowering one another.
- Exhibiting a commitment to serve.
- Being accountable, individually and corporately, with each other and with those we exist to serve.
- Operating in a transparent and collaborative manner.
* Unconditional positive regard, a concept developed by Carl Rogers, is when one person is completely accepting of another, modeling an attitude that is demonstrated through behavior.
This Ethos statement was affirmed by the BBT Board in April 2011. It is reviewed regularly and refined as needed.